Monday, April 26, 2010

Joy




Joy is a choice. Happiness happens. I am sick of being happy one day and unhappy the next. It gets old and im over it. I need something more. I truly think i have found that within the past 24 hours. I'll take you back to where this began, if you were a part of the experience with me.


I went to church last night for the first time in a really long time. I was so glad to be going back. I was ready to see friends, have fellowship, and be in the presence of the Lord. Little did i know that the Lord had much more planned for me. After dinner and games we began worship. We sang How He Loves by the David Crowder Band and i was engulfed. I felt like God was talking to me and I actually began to understand how He loves me. (i'm not saying that i will ever fully understand, that is impossible to comprehend) I'm excited, i'm on a high. I feel like i have begun to see a clearing in this forest of lies and sins we live in. This morning I went to the park with a good friend before school. It was extremely early for a monday morning but God blessed me for giving up sleep and talking to a friend about Him. The flame of Christ has been ignited and I never ever ever want it to go out. i want to be his light. (if you cant tell how excited i am well, call me cause i'd be more than happy to tell you!) In this whole process I've come to the conclusion that to begin down this clearing i have two things that i want to do. I want to start by being baptized. When i was little i was Christened but that was 16 years ago. Since then i've been on and off at church but i want this to be my commitment to my relationship with Christ with a fresh start and a new beginning.




Before that can happen though i am going to choose to be joyful.
Joy = the expression or display of glad feeling; festive gaiety.
a state of happiness or felicity.


Happiness is temporary and can be taken from us. I want to leave happiness in the dust. I am choosing to be joyful because i know what is ahead of me. Life in Heaven. Even if life on earth is not what i expect or want I wont let it get me down be cause i have Jesus, Others, and Yourself (myself).




O satisfy us with Your mercy and loving-kindness in the morning [now, before we are older], that we may rejoice and be glad all our days. [Psalm 90:14]




You have put more joy and rejoicing in my heart than [they know] when their wheat and new wine have yielded abundantly. [Psalm 4:7]




Rejoice in the Lord always [delight, gladden yourselves in Him]; again I say, Rejoice! [Philippians 4:4]




But let all those who take refuge and put their trust in You rejoice; let them ever sing and shout for joy, because You make a covering over them and defend them; let those also who love Your name be joyful in You and be in high spirits. [Psalm 5:11]




Be happy [in your faith] and rejoice and be glad-hearted continually (always). [1 Thessalonians 5: 16]




I am joyful, for He loves me.

No comments:

Post a Comment