Wednesday, April 28, 2010

wants vs. needs





The other day my mom and i were in the car and were just chatting about life. We got on the topic of what we want compared to what we need. She told me that when her and my dad just got married the had to work overtime and save money where ever the could to pay for what they needed. Life has changed. We are very blessed, my dad has a job that allows my mom to stay home and take care of us. We are blessed to have "extra" money to spend on luxuries. We, as a family, forget what is truly important. This is where it gets difficult for me. I have had a tough past dealing with what I need and want compared to what the Lord wants for me. I think that often we forget to give God it all because we are distracted by the luxuries. To live in a place where it seems like the television is always on, the phones are always ringing. We think that we need to check our facebook, call our best friend, or get the latest "it" item. I think this obsorbes us and consumes our lives. When in reality we need the Lord, and the Lord wants us. He wants us to cry out. He wants us to tell Him about our burdens. He wants us to serve him. He wants us to give it all to him. We have to remember that what God wants for us should always come before what we want or think we need.

The next day I turned the radio on and the message i got out of our conversation was reinforced with this song, He wants it all by forever Jones.



There's a voice that cries out in the silence,


searching for heart that will love him,


longing for child that will give him their all, give it all,


he wants it all There's a God that walks over the earth,


he searching for heart that is desperate,


longing for child that will give him their all, give it all,


he wants it all and he says,


love me, love me with your whole heart he wants it all today serve me,


serve me with you life now he wants it all today bow down,


let go of your idols he wants it all today (x4)


There's a God that walks over the earth,


he searching for heart that is desperate,


longing for child that will give him their all, give it all,


he wants it all and he says,


love me, love me with your whole heart he wants it all today serve me,


serve me with you life now he wants it all today bow down,


let go of your idols he wants it all today (x4)


Oh oh oh, all of you, more of you wants it all today (whole thing x3)


he wants it all today,


he wants is all today so give it all There's a voice that cries out in the silence,


searching for heart that will love him,


longing for child that will give him their all,


give it all, he wants it all

The LORD will guide you always; he will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land and will strengthen your frame. You will be like a well-watered garden, like a spring whose waters never fail. [Isaiah 58:11]

And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him. [Hebrews 11:5-7]

Woe to the obstinate children, declares the LORD, to those who carry out plans that are not mine, forming an alliance, but not by my Spirit, heaping sin upon sin. [ Isaiah 30:1]

Just as you used to be slaves to all kinds of sin, so now you must let yourselves be slaves to all that is right and holy. [Romans 6:19]

No comments:

Post a Comment